If you’re finding yourself in a place where you’re looking for a local internship opportunity, our community has so many fantastic programs and resources in place to help you be successful. Let’s talk about them!
When looking for a local internship opportunity in Wichita Falls, TX, you can:
- Visit the Wichita Falls Chamber Internships page for resources on finding an internship, the interview process, evaluating “fit,” and personal stories.
- Review and update your resume at Workforce Solutions North Texas for free job placement support.
- Register with MyStaf, Spherion and/or Express Employment to search for job opportunities.
- Review internship opportunities on the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce Job Board and on the state-wide Texas Internship Challenge
- Schedule mock interviews with your education institution’s career center.
- Ask for advice and referrals from your Academic Advisors, Professors, or Teachers.
Beyond the resources that our local community has to offer, there are added benefits to being enrolled in our local educational institutions.
If you’re a student at Midwestern State University, take advantage of these additional resources:
- Register for Handshake, also known as org, for job listings, career advice and resources, and resume and cover letter examples.
- Visit the Career Closet for men’s and women’s professional clothing available for interviews & networking events.
- Review the Campus to Career Mustangs Survival Guide for a guide to resume and letter writing, interviewing, job search, and career planning success.
If you’re a student at Wayland Baptist University, take advantage of these additional resources:
- Register for College Central Network, for job listings, career advice, and resources, and resume and cover letter examples.
- Visit Wayland Upkey to perfect your elevator speech, resume, and network.
- Take advantage of the Pioneer Career Center for mock interviews, career planning, and review on your key documents, like resumes and cover letters.
If you’re a student at Vernon College, take advantage of these additional resources:
- Register for CareerCoach for job listings, career resources, resume building, and a free 60-question career assessment.
- Sign-up for Individual Career Counseling to assist in making an individualized plan for achieving academic and career success with a Student Success Specialist.
If you’re a high school student, take advantage of these additional resources:
- Register for the Career Cruising tool to pinpoint key interests, skills, preferences, and aspirations.
Finding quality employment goes beyond submitted applications. There are additional steps that you can take to make the most of your job search. One of your first steps is to be informed. Here’s how you can accomplish that:
- Research companies in your field and create of list of organizations you are interested in. If possible, find contact information for someone in a position you would be interested in and request an informational interview. Tip: Do not send them your resume during this process.
- Visit reputable job search engines such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor to begin applying for opportunities.
- Register for a career specialist with your local American Job Center.
- Review wage data to know what to expect for salary using Payscale.
- Visit Vault for a first-hand look at work within industries, companies, or specific professions to determine your best career fit.
No matter the path you take to landing an internship, we’re here to support you. If you have any questions about the above resources, please reach out to Talent Partnership Director & Military Liaison, Taylor Davis, by email at Taylor@wichitafallschamber.com or by phone at (940) 723-2741.