If you’re finding yourself in a place where you’re looking for employment opportunities, our community has so many fantastic programs and resources in place to help you be successful. Let’s talk about them!
When looking for a local employment opportunity in Wichita Falls, TX, you can:
- Visit the Wichita Falls Chamber website for resources on finding employment, labor market information, largest employers, personal stories and more.
- Review and update your resume at Workforce Solutions North Texas for free job placement support.
- Register with MyStaf, Spherion and/or Express Employment to search for job opportunities.
- Review current employment opportunities on the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce Job Board.
- Ask for advice and referrals from your personal and professional network.
- Register with Work In Texas to search for local and state-wide job opportunities.
- Review and Apply for federal employment through the USAJobs portal.
Finding quality employment goes beyond submitted applications. There are additional steps that you can take to make the most of your job search. One of your first steps is to be informed. Here’s how you can accomplish that:
- Research companies in your field and create of list of organizations you are interested in. If possible, find contact information for someone in a position you would be interested in and request an informational interview. Tip: Do not send them your resume during this process.
- Visit reputable job search engines such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor to begin applying for opportunities.
- Register for a career specialist with your local American Job Center.
- Review wage data to know what to expect for salary using Payscale.
- Visit Vault for a first-hand look at work within industries, companies, or specific professions to determine your best career fit.
No matter the path you take to employment, we’re here to support you. If you have any questions about the above resources, please reach out to Talent Partnership Director & Military Liaison, Taylor Davis, by email at Taylor@wichitafallschamber.com or by phone at (940) 723-2741.