What is the Wichita Falls Remote Worker Incentive and how can companies qualify?
Unlike other remote worker programs, Wichita Falls will incentivize companies for employing remote workers in the city or relocating those employees to Wichita Falls.
- There is no floor nor ceiling for the incentive.
- All agreements must be approved by the Wichita Falls Economic Development Corporation AND the City Wichita Falls.
- All incentive checks are issued to the employer identified in the contract.
Qualified companies must meet certain guidelines, which include (but not limited to):
- Create a new primary full-time job in the City of Wichita Falls and retain that job for at least six months.
- Eligible companies can be existing Wichita Falls industries or those that do not have a presence in the region.
- Outbound Call Centers, temporary and contract employees are not
- Amount of incentive is negotiated depending on salary, benefits, and type of job.
- All remote workers must live within the corporate limits of the City of Wichita Falls.
- Companies must prove the remote worker(s) has been a resident for at least 6 months.
- The company must offer health care and other benefits to the employee, but the employee is not mandated to accept those benefits.
This incentive, while available to anyone, is targeted towards pending graduates of Midwestern State University and anyone associated with Sheppard Air Force Base including trailing spouses, soon-to-be retirees, someone leaving the military and/or their spouse
The Wichita Falls (TX) Chamber of Commerce is the lead economic development agency for the City of Wichita Falls and developed the Remote Worker Incentive program.
For more information, contact Contact Taylor Davis at 940-723-2741 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org