Website Workforce Solutions of North Texas
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Under the direction of the Business and Outreach Manager and Child Care Contract Manager, this
Community Engagement Specialist is part of a team responsible for supporting and executing a broad
range of public relations, marketing, communications, outreach, leadership, advocacy, and
organizational excellence. In addition to support of the organization, this position will be responsible for
initiatives that support the North Texas child care industry. The goal of the position is to increase the
capacity and quality of child care centers throughout the North Texas region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist in development and execution of child care community engagement and outreach
strategies—including but not limited to digital marketing to increase brand awareness and
• Curate content for publication in social media, news media, quarterly newsletters, and annual
reports to stakeholders. Coordinate publication strategies with other team members.
• Coordinate and assist in the planning of press events, special events, and other administrative
• Create graphic ads for event promotion.
• Participate in planning committees for child care sponsored events.
• Works with child care providers to increase capacity in both staffing and classroom space.
• Promotes the Texas Rising Star (TRS) quality rating and improvement system which exceeds the
State’s Child Care Regulation minimum standards.
• Conducts a needs assessment with all contracted and non-contracted providers in the North
• Develop strategies to address needs, such as increasing business capacity, streamlining business
processes, hiring qualified child care staff, increasing quality of providers, and increasing
• Provide technical assistance or referral resources in the areas of budgeting, management,
staffing/human relations, skills for small businesses, materials, and trainings.
• Introduces the use of WorkInTexas as a tool to expand staffing opportunities.
• Introduces and advocates for state and local incentive and grant funding opportunities.
• Increases provider commitment to participate (contract) with North Texas’s Child Care Services
Communication and Documentation
• Serves as liaison between child care providers with appropriate state and local officials, social
service agencies, and the general public.
• Provides technical assistance, outreach, education, and training sessions to providers regarding
changes in local, state and federal regulations including updates/changes to the Texas Health
and Human Services Child Care Regulations.
• Conducts outreach, education and technical assistance to prospective new child care providers
in understanding requirements, local ordinances, funding opportunities and resource
opportunities to create new child care operations.
• Coordinates with North Texas’s child care mentors, Texas Health and Human Services Child Care
Regulation, and business partners to ensure all entities have the most up-to-date information.
• Develops and maintains a current list of all active and contracted providers in the North Texas
Workforce Development Area.
• Assist with child care provider reviews as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing, with diverse groups
of people and personalities.
• At least two years’ experience working with children, parents and/or providers.
• Ability to interpret and apply local, federal and state regulations, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and skill in using current Microsoft Office and Adobe products to develop
brochures, flyers, presentations, and other marketing materials.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child care providers and
• Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision.
• Ability to travel within and out of region.
REQUIRED EDUCATION DEGREES, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR LICENSES:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with major concentration in child
development, elementary education, social work or related field.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License or ability to obtain license prior to first day of employment.
• Pass background check as required by providers.
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be
interpreted as all-inclusive. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform or assume additional jobrelated responsibilities other than those stated in this description.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Information contained in resumes and letters of application is subject to verification by Workforce
Solutions North Texas. Workforce Solutions North Texas is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay Texas:
(800)735-2989 (TDD) or (800)735-2988(Voice) or 711
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com