Website Work Services Corporation
Vice President of Operations
The Director of Training and Staff Development is responsible for the long-term strategic focus on developing skills for all WSC team members to advance the objectives of WSC and fulfill the Mission by Empowering people with disabilities, through employment, development, and training. This position creates the training content and directs the implementation of a comprehensive training program for all WSC. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies, develops, and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate employees and enhance performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, develops, reviews, revises, and implements curricula, course outlines, instructional methods, training aids, manuals, on-the-job training forms, checklists, and other training resources appropriate for and specific to all learning levels across all lines of business.
- Develops comprehensive e-learning curricula appropriate for learners of all learning and educational levels.
- Delivers training in a classroom, distance learning, or e-learning environment.
- Designs and develops methods for assessing and evaluating training effectiveness and recommends modifications to training as appropriate.
- Plans and creates specialized training, staff development, and continuing education programs, collaborating with appropriate staff.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and values of the organization.
- Identifies long-range training goals and recommends programs to achieve goals.
- Compiles reports on training programs and maintains records.
- Develops and maintains a training library offering various books for professional development, etc.
- Develops training budget.
- Effectively manages the training team.
- Actively collaborates with and supports all WSC executives and departments, to ensure they are receiving the training they need, to grow and provide a culture driving excellence through continuous improvements.
- Commitment to WSC’s mission of empowering people with disabilities.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills.
- Results-oriented Time Management Skills.
- Excellent Leadership Skills.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Aligns with WSC’s iCARE values in all interactions and performance duties: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
- High degree of computer literacy. This position uses Microsoft Outlook applications (email and Teams), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Succeed Learning Management System, and Oracle Learning Cloud.
- This position serves as the Administrator for the Oracle Learning Cloud module and is responsible for the learning catalog content and its organization and delivery of learning topics to all learners.
- ServSafe Manager, Instructor, Proctor certifications. This position requires possession of these certifications upon hire or the ability to achieve these certifications within the first 90 days of employment.
- The ability to create and deliver curricula intended for all learning levels at WSC
This position manages the training department (Team of 3 to 5 training professionals).
This job operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones and multifunctional devices. This job also operates at all WSC locations, on site and off site, and while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration, extreme weather conditions, and the noise level in the work environment may be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position, minimum forty hours per week, Monday through Friday. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary as required.
Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although out of the area travel and overnight travel is expected (approximately 10%)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Organizational Development or Business Administration or related field.
- Four (4) years’ experience in training, teaching and/or staff development.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s /Doctorate Degree in Education or Organizational Development or related fields.
- Experienced content creator utilizing various media channels for delivering content.
- Experience with a learning management system and Online Learning Platforms.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Licenses/Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Valid Driver’s License with certificate of insurability (corporate auto policy).
- Drug Screen.
- WSC background check.
- NACI Military background check. Access to Military bases: as a condition of employment/continued employment, the Director of Training must be able to pass the appropriate security level background check (with fingerprinting) to receive the appropriate base pass (CAC) that allows access to all WSC’s military base operations locations.
WSC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com