Part-Time Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Membership Development
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Self-motivated, self-confident, results-oriented individual who is passionate about the Chamber and the community. Must show demonstrated success in event management including revenue generation; excellent negotiation skills, strong sense of urgency, excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional customer service skills and professional, mature attitude with ability to remain calm under pressure. Must understand virtual meeting tools such as Zoom or GoToMeeting and have proficiency in Outlook and other Microsoft tools.
- Oversees planning and logistics for all virtual and in-person meetings and events.
- Develops sources of non-dues revenue; looks for opportunities to monetize events through sponsorships, ticket sales and other methods.
- Establishes vendor relationships for all aspects of event planning.
- Manages client, sponsor, and organization’s expectations with clear and persuasive communication.
- Develops programs and events to meet the needs of Chamber members and to help the Chamber accomplish its mission.
- Creates written descriptions of events; works closely with marketing and membership staff to ensure effective external communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals. The Chamber does not discriminate on the basis of membership or application for membership in the armed services.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.