Website Zavala Hispanic Cultural Initiative
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Zavala. The Executive Director is
responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports
directly to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare a monthly report and present to the board of directors at each board meeting; to
include calendar updates, pertinent information on Grants and Programs, and any post
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy
decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as Zavala’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media
and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those
relationships to strategically enhance Zavala’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Grant writing to help fund Zavala’s programs and events.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and
for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Experience working with nonprofits
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the
organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and
the overall community.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Pay: $13/hr for 30hrs a week, plus sick leave
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org