The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces as needed on a fill in basis. The Executive Producer coordinates major initiatives and on air special broadcasts including Election coverage.
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
- Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.