Website twitter.com/Express_WFalls Express Employment Professionals
Purchasing Clerk – $20/HR
A local industrial company is searching for an experienced purchasing clerk to join their purchasing team. The primary function of this role will be to work closely with manufacturing personnel to procure materials needed to meet production requirements. This position requires the ability to review demand reports, evaluate supplier options, and order appropriate materials, securing the best price, quality, and delivery. The Purchasing Agent is also responsible for expediting orders to ensure timely delivery. All work must be completed safely within time expectations with quality outcomes.
Essential Job Duties:
• Utilize the purchase requisition process and demand reports to procure goods and services. Includes evaluating the most dependable and cost-effective delivery method while satisfying the required delivery date.
• Monitor and expedite outstanding orders to achieve delivery requirements.
• Work with Receiving, Accounts Payable, and Suppliers to resolve issues related to pricing, delivery, and product quality.
• Actively negotiate contracts and quotes to ensure competitive pricing without sacrificing quality. Evaluate opportunities to obtain volume discounts. Negotiate pricing with suppliers through pricing agreements which guarantee pricing for a specified period.
• Review purchase requirements and seek out competitive bids from multiple supplier sources. Support Planners and Team Leads by quoting projects through multiple suppliers who have the capability to deliver based on product specifications.
• Work with Accounting, Production, and other parties as necessary to ensure we maintain adequate levels of usable inventory and minimize excess/obsolete inventory. Participate in cycle counts and physical inventory counts as needed.
• Additional duties as required to respond to changing work requirements.
• College degree preferred, however work experience in manufacturing or purchasing will be considered.
• Previous experience procuring materials for a manufacturing facility.
• Ability to read drawings and interpret technical specifications.
• Willingness to work effectively as a part of a dynamic team.
• Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office.
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Jennifer is eager to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Need more information about this Purchasing position?
Contact Jennifer, our Employment Specialist at (940) 691-8367, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, including full-time, part-time, and temporary positions. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, Texas, and Wichita Falls, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com