Howmet Aerospace’s Wichita Falls, TX facility has openings for Foundry Service Operator/Mold Handlers.
Howmet is a world leader in the investment casting industry and is a leading supplier of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium components for aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation applications. Our Wichita Falls location is on the front edge of the rapid growth in the aerospace and turbine industries. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Must be able to work rotating shifts. This Opening will be on a 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. shift . Training may take place on days.
(Rotating shifts work 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off)
Works under general supervision and the direction of a caster to remove molds from the preheat furnace, properly position in timely manner for casting, perform wrap application, dewax, repair and mold inspect, and perform all post-cast operations specified.
- Using Computers (entering information, etc.)
- Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI).
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures including but not limited to: EHS, Quality, Code of Conduct and the Wichita Falls Employee Handbook.
- Read all available instructions and assist caster to cast molds in accordance with established techniques and specific instructions on the Product Criteria, Mold Sheets, or Activity Instructions.
- Requires concentration for short periods of time when assisting in the acquisition of the proper alloy, checks preheat temperatures, handles the molds from the preheat furnace and again after casting, and accomplishes all specific post-cast operations (Mold hot topping, exothermic application and vermiculite encapsulation).
- Particularly responsible for proper mold positioning, lower chamber cleaning, and the control of variables affecting solidification and mold cooling.
- Moves empty, hot furnace trays, changes and cleans floor gaskets, performs heavy housekeeping required in department, and assists in minor equipment maintenance.
- Notifies caster of any torn wraps, bumped or leaking molds.
- Periodically required to load ovens.
- Keep updated on new methods on improvements.
- Must follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Rotates through each job duty as required.
- Locates scheduled work, moves trucks to proper work station.
- Ensures molds are kept clean in each area.
- Seals molds at dewax or mold inspection with either ceramic disk or rubber cap.
- Monitors operation of equipment and temperature controls.
- Must follow work instructions, SOP’s, and activity instructions that govern each job task.
- Inspects and repairs molds.
- Prepares solutions and maintains supplies.
- Cuts required kaowool and roll board.
- Wraps molds per process releases/product criteria.
- Must be able to operate the required piece of mobile equipment for this area.
- Machines and work area are to be kept clean and in orderly condition. Supervisor is to be notified immediately of equipment or machinery malfunctions.
- Completes necessary paperwork as required.
- Verifies mold counts and paperwork correctness on lot travelers, or serial numbers at each operation.
- Loads molds in preheat oven.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Complies with all EHS rules related to the work environment.
- Works overtime when needed
ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations
Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Requires Metatarsal Pull up Boots, Hearing protection, Hard Hats, Flame retardant clothing, Safety Glasses, gloves and Aluminized spats.
Report all job-related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
Considerable physical effort is required when loading alloy.
Reach for items nearby, far and overhead.
Fine manipulation, using a keyboard and mouse.
Lifting and carrying to the waist-to-chest high level, floor to waist and chest to overhead.
Gripping Pinching and Handling.
Climb Stairs and Ladders.
Crawl, squat, balance, and sustain bending.
Finger Press and tolerate hand/arm vibration.
Be able to carry with one hand.
Pushing, pulling and twisting.
Be able to carry items with two hands.
Moderate lifting from 25 lbs to 50 lbs.
Requires almost constant standing and sufficient strength to lift, handle and transport heavy, hot molds, and hot molds containing molten alloy
Must pass Jaeger 2 vision test annually for depth perception when pouring alloy and setting mold position.
Work Environment: (Chemical and Physical Exposures)
- Extreme care must be taken because of exposure to extremely high temperatures for short periods of time.
- Exposure to dust and fumes from the casting process.
- Occasional exposure to uncontained molten metal sprays and solid metal chips from chamber cleaning.
- Exposure to Nickel and RCF.
- Requires wearing dust mask/respirator during certain procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- To ensure the health and safety of our employees, Howmet requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent permitted under federal, state, and local law. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious beliefs or legally recognized exemptions will be considered.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Foundry Service Operator/Mold Handler experience
ABOUT THE TEAM
To apply for this job please visit www.howmet.com.