Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Howmet Aerospace is currently looking for a Metal Cell Operator B to join our Howmet Casting plant in Wichita Falls, Texas. Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts. (2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off)
Works under general supervision to process castings through final gauging to meet customer requirements as prescribed by the PMS/product criteria, visual specifications and QAS specifications. Performs finishing as required using burrs, belts, etc. The employee must plan and perform the proper sequence of set-ups, operations, and processes.
- Using Computers (entering information, etc)
- Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI).
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures including but not limited to: EHS, Quality, Code of Conduct and the Wichita Falls Employee Handbook.
1. Verifies castings to the lot travelers to assure that all previous operations have been completed.
2. Performs finishing as required using all types of burrs, belts, etc.
3. Ensures that all parts meet PMS/product criteria requirements.
4. Performs other operations as required.
5. Performs first visual inspection.
6. Complies with all EHS rules related to the work environment.
ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Requires wearing safety glasses, earplugs, gloves and Metatarsal shoes.
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
- Floor-to-waist lift and carry, lifting and carrying to the waist high level, carrying items with two hands.
- Push, pull and twist
- Gripping and pinching
- Reaching near, far and overhead
- Hand/Arm Vibration
- Be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Moderate lifting > 50 lbs.
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments.
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments.
- Frequent sitting when finishing.
- Squatting/crouching/bending when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, moving equipment/product inspections,etc.
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform 5S cleaning activities as required.
- Equipment Used:
- Burr Gunn
- Belt Machine
- Belt Gun
- Work Environment:
- May be exposed to noise, oil, dust, fumes, chemicals, heat and cold.
- Requires wearing of safety glasses, metal tarsal shoes, hearing protection and gloves.(Gauge Tech must wear hard hat)
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer skills
- Knowledge of Metal Operations
ABOUT THE TEAM
To apply for this job please visit www.howmet.com.