Great People, Great Jobs
1. Bachelor’s degree, Accounting required.
2. 3 years General Ledger experience preferred.
3. Health care background preferred
4. Excel software proficiency required.
5. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and previous computer experience required.
6. Typing, 10-key and computer capabilities required.
7. Basic knowledge of accounting programs required knowledge of SAGE 100 is preferred.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE
1. Demonstrate proficient accounting knowledge.
2. Ability to take initiative and develop organized methods to complete job.
3. Ability to advance in computer knowledge.
4. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to be used with the staff, volunteers, and the community.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to understand the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual concerns/problems of terminally ill patients and their families.
7. Ability to type forty (40) words per minute accurately.
8. Ability to be at work as scheduled, and alert/awake.
9. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to function independently with minimum supervision.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepare and post adjusting entries monthly to general ledger.
2. Reconcile multiple bank accounts and post to general ledger adjusting entries needed to balance.
3. Maintain cash activity sheets for all bank accounts.
4. Reconcile patient revenue data from EMR to general ledger postings monthly.
5. Reconcile fundraising and donor activity to general ledger postings monthly.
6. Prepare and post any Accounts Payable accruals and journal entrees monthly.
7. Prepare and track statistics for the organization and prepare monthly and quarterly statistical reports.
8. Assist Director of Finance as needed with reports such as Annual Report and various reporting for foundation grant applications.
- 9. Assist Director of Finance with annual financial statement audit preparation.
10. Assist Director of Finance with 990 return preparation.
11. Maintain, reconcile, and replenish petty cash.
12. Acts as back-up for posting direct patient care invoices into electronic medical record database.
13. Reconcile and audit all petty cash funds monthly.
14. Acts as backup for Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist and be able to perform check runs in the absence of the AP specialist.
15. Acts as backup to prepare and post deposits daily.
16. It is the employee’s obligation to adhere to the organization’s standards of conduct. It is the employee’s duty to report any potential misconduct or violation of the organization’s standards of conduct, federal or state laws and regulations. It is the employee’s responsibility to participate in compliance with staff training and education program.
17. Adheres to the HIPAA security policies, procedures, and practices at and understands that sanctions will be applied for non-compliance.
- 18. Employee understands volunteers’ roles at, and employee’s attitude reflects an appreciation and support of volunteers.
- 19. Behaves in accordance with policies/procedures demonstrating a professional manner in action and provides service to others in a willing and courteous manner. Sets an example.
20. Participates in departmental and/or agency wide Performance Improvement activities, as appropriate. 21. Demonstrates the ability to be at work each day on time and maintain a good attendance record.
22. Demonstrates team approach to Hospice care, equally supporting all other members of the team. Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified system to meet the need.
23. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
1. Seeks opportunities for personal/professional growth, which includes attending seminars and continuing educational programs and demonstrates the ability to receive constructive performance feedback.
2. Attends (or views tape in timely manner) all mandatory in-service programs and staff meetings.
- PHYSICAL AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
1. Requires full range of body motion, including turning, stooping and stretching. Also includes reaching to arms-length and bending from the waist or side-to-side.
2. Requires corrected hearing in normal range for effective communication via telephone, face-to-face inquiries, alarms, and general functions.
3. Cognitive skills required for reasonable interpretation of assignments.
4. Visual acuity required to read assignments, notes and reports relative to duties. Legible handwriting for documentation and communication. Requires corrected vision in the normal range.
5. Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing environment which may include stress and working irregular hours.
6. Requires manual and finger dexterity for operating and adjusting various office equipment.
MyStaf is the only locally owned and operated independent staffing service in the Wichita Falls area. In business for 27 years, MyStaf serves as the human resources department and hiring arm for the region’s leading businesses, both large and small. We recruit, screen and place employees in a wide range of clerical and industrial positions. Most of our assignments are full time, temp to hire positions but we also provide temporary and part time jobs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org