The Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes, and tactics; as well as in creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
- Develops and leads winning strategy for station content.
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Use our social media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television.
- Determines a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
- Produces reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
- Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Finds new ways to use social media and our website to engage with viewers.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred.
- Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred.
- CSS, Flash, and other relevant technology skills is a plus.
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Responds positively to feedback.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.