Spherion is hiring for a qualified CNC Machinist for a local company! We are looking for a candidate with very well-maintained attention to detail, problem solving, teamwork and math skills.
Responsible for setup horizontal milling centers, and other CNC machines to produce precision metal parts. Produces prototypes, small or large volumes of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.
Working Schedule: Monday- Friday NIGHT SHIFT 4:30PM – 3:00AM (5 days/week with minimum 10 hr shifts)
– Set-up moderately complex jobs on computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machine ability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
– Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
– Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
– Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of?tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
– Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality and performance.
– Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
– Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
– Responsible to assist in the training of personnel as required.
– Confers with programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
– Complete essential documentation as required.
– Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury.
– Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all equipment.
– Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime to meet production schedules.
– Performs required planned preventive maintenance on CNC machines
Working hours: 4:30 PM – 3:00 AM
Trade/Vocational Certificate from machining school or Associates Degree in related field preferred.
CNC Horizontal or Boring Mill: 3 years preferred.
– MUST HAVE 3+ years CNC machining experience.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
– Ability to read blueprints. Knowledge of GD&T.
– Complete knowledge of G-Codes.
– Ability to be a team player.
– Ability to read and write English and good attendance.
– Capable of lifting 25 pounds and working, standing and walking for extended periods in a climate-controlled machine shop manufacturing environment.
Please register at www.spherion.com/apply. Once you’ve registered, please come to our office at 4020 Call Field Rd Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am- 4pm for a prescreen interview. We look forward to seeing you soon!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org