Sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment. Working hours: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
– Reads and interprets blueprints.
– Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
– Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling
machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches
and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
– Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics
– Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting
tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
– Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
– Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and
– Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for
efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
– Ability to track parts and jobs into the vantage system.
– Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
Must have a general knowledge of estimating time and materials for machine jobs, metals and the quality and maintainability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
– At least three years related experience.
– High School Degree or GED
– Must submit to drug screen and background check
Please register at www.spherion.com/apply. Once you’ve registered, please come to our office at 4020 Call Field Rd Monday-Friday between the hours of 8a-10a or 1p-3p for a prescreen interview. We look forward to seeing you soon!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org