Howmet Engines, a Business Unit of Howmet Aerospace, seeks a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team! This role reports to the Procurement Manager of Structural Castings and the successful candidate will be based at any Howmet Casting facility, preferably Wichita Falls. The Supply Chain Analyst supports the BU Procurement team on relevant Procurement activities, and operational activities in the execution of supply chain strategies. Supply Chain Analyst: Consolidates orders across plants, helps monitor supplier performance, manages supply across company, triage and initiate problem solving on shortages, develop tracking to understand supply issues.
- Manage supply across HES by working with plants and suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries of the correct materials/components
- Review and understand volume requirements from plants. Also, work with plants to establish forecasts to suppliers on regular basis to ensure capacity and available manufacturing time.
- Work with plants to consolidate orders across plants to common suppliers.
- Will be required work across functions to balance ordering, supply protection, and supplier lead times to optimize working capital
- Communicate/Publish supplier commitments, updated actual deliveries, and schedules to impacted Engine plants and leadership
- Track supplier lead times and ensure orders are placed with suppliers to support on time delivery
- Ensure acceptance of orders and commitment to deliver
- Understand ETQ system and use to develop delivery ratings for suppliers. Provide input, metrics, and updates to system to support to Procurement and Business strategies
- Provide information and intelligence on supplier downtime for holidays, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Understand the Howmet priorities across Engines and at each plant
- Evaluating supplier performance to develop support mechanisms/processes to handle Howmet requirements, including – consignment inventory, Kan ban system, fee for expediting, and/or other risk mitigation actions
- Ensure Engine commercial commitments (PO’s and forecasts) are in place to secure capacity and requirements
- Standardize and improve demand signals from HES sites to external suppliers.
- Participate in the development and launch of new suppliers and expansion of business at existing suppliers from concept to completion
- Triage and initiate problem solving on shortages. Develop information to escalate supply issues parts late, priorities, reasons for delays, and containment actions (Utilize the 8D)
- Actively participate in projects and actions to improve suppliers with Plants, Procurement, and Category Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Economics, Supply Chain or Equivalent, will accept 5 years supply chain experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment in lieu of degree
- Must be able to travel up to 75%
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Six Sigma greenbelt or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics or purchasing management is highly desired
- Skilled in communication, problem solving, and applying experience and expertise in an innovative manner
- Experience in developing and applying reporting methodologies
- Ability to drive improvement through supplier ratings, metrics, feedback, and project management
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding work environment
- Strong passion for excellence
ABOUT THE TEAM
To apply for this job please visit www.howmet.com.