Website Pratt & Whitney Canada Component Repairs
Hourly position, First Shift (7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday)
Research, design and builds tools, fixtures and gages from concept or drawings. All types of precision machine shop equipment and hand tools are used to accomplish these builds to tight tolerances.
- Must use a variety of precision measurement equipment including internal and external micrometers, digital and veneer calipers, height gages, dial indicators as well as several advanced measurement techniques using the previously mentioned equipment. Experience using CMM’s is a plus.
- Must have experience using CAD software. SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Must be able to create and interpret detailed drawings and manufacture tools from these drawings.
- Must be capable of performing complex layouts and set-ups.
- Must be able to read and understand technical written and verbal instructions.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of typical machine shop equipment and be able to perform complex operations while maintaining close geometric tolerances.
- Must understand properties, heat treatment, and testing of materials.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Work requires at least 3-5 years’ experience in tool making.
- Advanced technical training school through apprenticeship and/or on the job training in tool and die making.
- GTAW welding experience is a plus, as welding steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and Inconel may be needed.
- Manufacture and repair fixtures, jigs, gages and tools from detailed blueprints, rough sketches or from concepts.
- Manage tool request process from engineering with respect to new tooling or revision/modification to existing tooling, drawings, including file management.
- Schedule repairs per tool request or tool drawing to outside builders/vendors/machine shops.
- Requisition and acquisition of materials and other consumable items used in area.
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Comply with all company regulations and safety requirements
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com