Vocational Support Specialist I
Salary Grade / Range: SG17 $18.22 – $28.78
Reports to: Vice President, Human Services
Date: January 2022
The Vocational Support Specialist I (VSS) will provide case management and employment support services to team members who meet the requirements for program eligibility. The VSS position requires the ability and aptitude to work with a diverse population as well as a diverse working environment. The VSS position requires strong boundaries, compassion, empathy, and professionalism with all interactions and the ability to discuss sensitive and or/ personal matters with the employees. He or she will also be responsible for obtaining and monitoring provider documentation to maintain compliance with initial and annual eligibility evaluations, which is required for both internal and external audits. The VSS will also be an ambassador of the WSC culture and mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides person-centered case management services to individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Provides support to employees regarding the development of an individualized goal plan considering their vocational goals, strengths, interests, functional limitations, and potential utilization of assistive technology and other job accommodations. This may include making employee referrals outside of the company in order to reach personal growth and independence.
- Make recommendations for needed interventions to promote vocational success.
- Work to identify strategies and appropriate assistive technology solutions for employee to assist them in maximizing their vocational success.
- Maintain electronic case files for employee.
- Provides one-on-one meetings to assist employees in reaching employment and/or personal development goals. Refer to in-house or community services when coaching or training is needed and/or requested by the employee.
- Provide one-on-one job coaching, as needed, to facilitate continued employment and/ or personal growth toward identified goals.
- Communicate with community agencies and provide information about community resources to enhance support services for employee.
- Perform recruiting at local/ area agencies, which meets the WSC mission.
- Complete on-boarding roles up to and including training.
- Work with an interdepartmental team to monitor employee’s progress and enhance the quality of services provided.
- Complete and maintain compliance documentation on Individual Eligibility Evaluations (IEE) under Ability1 Program.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Attention to detail
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Computer Literacy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, stoop, and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be exposed to some areas where the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, forty hours per work, Monday through Friday with occasional work outside of business hours
Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel to satellite locations, and overnight may be expected for conferences.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree with major course work in psychology, sociology, social work, or a related field.
- One (1) year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with major course work in psychology, sociology, social work, or a related field.
- Knowledge of community services and programs to which employees may be referred.
Licenses/Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Valid Driver’s License with certificate of insurability (corporate auto policy).
- Drug Screen.
- WSC background check.
- Pass military background check
WSC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Effective 1/30/2022 this position is subject to EO 14026 regarding the Federal Minimum Wage due to the performance of job functions over 20% related to Federal Contracts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com