Website YMCA of Wichita Falls
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director at the Downtown YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming, we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine, we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful, we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing, we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined, above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Provide leadership in the delivery of quality programming within the YMCA aquatic department.
3. Ensure the swimming facility is meeting or exceeding YMCA Aquatic Safety Standards.
4. Facilitate and document monthly staff in-service trainings and skill review.
5. Develop high quality aquatics programs, including swim lessons and water fitness that meet the needs of the community.
6. Ensure safety and prevent injuries by supervising pool area. Ensure no distraction or interference with the ability to hear or see signs of distress.
7. Maintain accurate department records, including pool schedules, staff certifications, chemical logs, incident reports, and any other records necessary for YMCA Aquatics best practices requirements.
8. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
9. Recruits and onboard diverse staff and volunteer teams according to YMCA best practices and policy.
10. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings, while documenting staff certification records and trainings.
11. Assures compliance with YMCA best practices in Aquatics as well state and local regulations
12. Ensure that the highest level of YMCA Aquatics Program risk management best practices are demonstrated daily.
13. Develops and maintain collaborative, healthy relationships with community organizations.
14. Develops Maintains consistent communication plan with all Aquatics Programs and constituents.
15. Development and management of the Aquatics Program budget to meet fiscal, department, and strategic plan objectives.
16. Provide monthly reporting on Aquatics Department data such as program participants, number of visits, and recruitment and retention strategies for increased participation and revenue.
17. Participates in annual fundraising.
18. Work various hours including daytime, evenings, during special events to meet association needs.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by the VPO and/or CEO.
· Communication & Influence
· Developing Self & Others
· Engaging Community
· Minimum age 21 years.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Education or related field or equivalent experience in aquatics preferred and/or equivalent knowledge that includes supervision, fiscal management, as well as aquatics program and staff development.
· One to two years related experience in aquatics preferred as a coordinator or director.
· Must have current certifications in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Oxygen Administration. Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA of the USA or American Red Cross).
· Current YMCA of the USA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or American Red Cross Water Safety instructor preferred. Instructor level certification for Lifeguard preferred.
· Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency; ability to observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Complete all YMCA of Wichita Falls risk management and abuse training within 30 days of hire date (required).
· YMCA Team Leader Certification obtained within first year from hire date.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
· Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
· Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.