Website YMCA of Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls YMCA
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher Non-exempt-Various Locations-Variable Hours
Reports to: Early Childhood Director Revision Date: September 2020
Plans and implements the daily curriculum for children in the classroom. Oversees and coordinates the children’s personal care, hygiene, learning activities, specialized programs and positive guidance. Maintains classroom records and developmental checklist. Ensures that classroom and other play areas are consistently clean and safe. Informs parents of their children’s progress on a daily basis. Supervises and directs activities of assistant teacher assigned to the classroom. Keeps the Director informed on a timely basis of pertinent issues regarding staff, children, families, and the program.
1. Plans and implements curriculum activities and lesson plans that promote children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. Implements program schedule for the classroom, outdoor time, meals, snacks, and special activities.
2. Uses positive guidance techniques consistent with state regulations, counsels children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
3. Keeps accurate and current records of each child’s developmental milestones, student accidents, anecdotal records, and attendance.
4. Establishes developmentally appropriate room arrangement, décor, and learning environment in the classroom.
5. Plans formal and informal parent conferences with director’s guidance.
6. Ensures that daily list of activities is posted for parents. Maintains classroom bulletin boards.
7. Has strong working knowledge of Texas Minimum Standards as they pertain to center operations.
8. Supervises specific classroom’s assistant teacher in all aspects of their position; mentors assistant teacher to develop the required skills and expertise needed to ensure classroom curriculum is implemented and an appropriate classroom environment is maintained.
9. Assists in training new staff and familiarizing them with program practices, forms, and schedules.
10. Observes, records, and reports to director any significant behavior of children or staff that could adversely affect the quality of care provided.
11. Actively participates in center events, staff training sessions, meetings, and programs.
12. Immediately notifies the Director of needed repairs to the building, play area, equipment or toys throughout the facility. Ensures that children are not exposed to equipment or situations that could affect their health or safety.
13. Accepts temporary work assignments or schedules in the event regularly scheduled staff is not available, such as answering the phones, cooking, assisting in management of program to fit the needs of the association and as assigned by manager.
14. Properly maintains educational materials and equipment; ensures that children are using equipment in an appropriate manner.
15. Keeps classroom and other play areas safe, neat, and clean.
16. May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
17. Other duties as assigned by the manager.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education, a CDA, or previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
2. Must meet or exceed state licensing requirements for age (18), education, and experience.
3. Must submit to and and expect to pass a licensing finger print check.
4. Must maintain a current CPR/AED/First Aid certificate, as well as maintain a current Food Handler’s certificate.
5. Previous experience working with children in a developmental or licensed childcare setting preferred.
6. Ability to implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
7. Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with children, parents and staff.
8. Must maintain 30 hours of professional development each year.
9. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
10. Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with children, parents and staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.