Website YMCA of Wichita Falls
YMCA Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director of Youth Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: President & CEO
Oversees the total operation of a 30,000 sq. ft. Youth Development branch that includes 10+ classrooms, 3 playgrounds, a cafeteria, library, and multiple meeting spaces. The Executive Director role includes responsibilities of branch marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies. Additionally, directs the work and leads the Programs Quality Team for the association.
1. Directs the daily operations of the Dillard Early Learning and Youth Academy branch.
2. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of operation budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders. Leads an effective branch volunteer board.
5. Responsible for all licensing records for the Dillard Early Learning & Youth Academy to meet State and local licensing requirements.
6. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures compliance with contract requirements.
7. Conducts quarterly parent meetings to collect feedback for implementation and improvement of classrooms and Center management.
8. Carries out all aspects of the current strategic plan applicable to position. Prepares, maintains, and submits reports as required.
9. Ensures the operational growth of the YMCA through program expansion and retention, pricing strategies, and collaborations.
10. Ensures high performance and success of annual contributions goals and participates in major capital initiatives.
11. Provides staff leadership to the Program Quality Team.
12. Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of branch staff.
13. Identifies potential areas for programming to accomplish YMCA goals and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs.
14. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop youth-focused programs and leads branch staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities.
15. Ensures the safety of all unit operations. Acts as the Association’s child abuse prevention expert.
16. Serves as a member of YMCA executive leadership team and supports the overall strategy, objectives, and direction of the organization.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Organizational Leader):
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, social services or equivalent
2. Five or more years of professional experience in the YMCA or another nonprofit preferred.
3. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations, including staff supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and property management and sound financial practices.
4. Understanding of the mission and cause of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community; track record of building authentic, constructive relationships with others.
6. Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities and achieve organizational objectives
7. YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.