Website YMCA of Wichita Falls
The position also is responsible for provide nutritious and appealing meals and snacks for children of various age groups, CACFP meal production requirements, and keeping the kitchen clean, healthy and safe per local and state regulations. Kitchen Manager also supervises kitchen staff.
1. Operates the kitchen program and ensure that healthy and CACFP-compliant meals are produced and served 5 days a week (Monday – Friday).
2. Creates menus, manages food and supply vendors, orders food supplies, meets regulatory standards, and produces 2 meals and 1 snack (daily).
3. Oversees kitchen equipment, inventory, safety, and other standard regulations.
4. Supervises and train kitchen assistants to produce meals and maintain cleanliness.
5. Kitchen staff meets training expectations, schedules, and safety standards.
6. Assists in developing the CACFP program budget.
7. Ensure all resources are effectively managed/controlled and within budgetary constraints.
8. Submits appropriate receipts on all credit cards and transactions in a timely manner.
9. Ensures kitchen supplies and equipment are inventoried and appropriately maintained.
10. Transport food to contract-approved sites, as needed.
11. May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
12. Will adhere to association and position training requirements.
13. Participates in annual fundraising.
14. Actively participates in membership growth.
15. Other duties as assigned by the manager.
1. Completion and satisfactorily passing of fingerprint background check.
2. Upon hire, successfully complete the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Examination.
3. Within 30 days of hire completion of: Child Abuse Prevention and Risk Management training; CPR; First Aid; AED; Food Handlers Certification and Bloodborne Pathogens. Adhere to association and position training requirements.
4. Upon hire, complete all required and recommended CACFP trainings, including Civil Rights Training.
5. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
7. Experience and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Must have a High School diploma or GED and be at least 18 years of age.
2. At least 3 years’ experience as a cook.
3. Training and experience in cooking for large groups (100+).
4. Ability to prepare food for special groups (ie, people with eating disorders, diabetes, etc) as needed.
5. Knowledge of standard food preparation, serving, and kitchen procedures.
6. Must have CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers certification upon hire.
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully complete a DMV Driver Check.
8. Licensing requires that all child care staff must have 15 hours of in-service training each year.
9. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
10. Ability to write simple correspondence.
11. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the YMCA.
12. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities-to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
The employee must frequently lift and or move up- to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
YMCA Competencies – Team Leader
· Relationships – Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
· Communication- Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
· Developing Others – Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
· Project Management – Supports goal attainment by prioritizing activities, assigning responsibilities in accordance with capabilities, monitoring progress, and evaluating progress.
· Quality Results –Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
· Emotional Maturity – Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.