The first step that every business owner should take is to joining their local Chamber of Commerce
The Wichita Falls Chamber strives to build a strong community through economic development and business support.
Our number one goal is to ensure that every business in Wichita Falls is successful and experiencing growth.
The Chamber hosts regularly scheduled networking events on a weekly, monthly and annual basis where business owners can get to know each other, share leads and generate innovative ideas together.
Business Services, Professional Development & Membership Benefits
Business Owners Sharing Solutions (BOSS) is a seminar held quarterly that showcases a different topic related to businesses and their employees.
Topics have included:
- How to give amazing customer service
- How to deal with difficult people
- How to be an effective leader
- Understanding and utilizing emotional intelligence
- Public Speaking
This program has been in place since 2016. Find out about our next event! Email our Director of Events now!
One of our most popular events is the monthly Business After Hours (BAH). Typically held the third Thursday of each month from 5:00 to 7 p.m. and hosted by a different local business each time. Attendees enjoy food, drink, and plenty of friendly faces to network with.
All guests are encouraged to drop in $1 per business card at the registration table to be entered into drawings for door prizes. At the end of the BAH, the cash is given away in a drawing.
Wake Up Wichita Falls is a monthly event with opportunities to network, great food, and door prizes.
Wake Ups are from 8-9 a.m. to accommodate those whose schedules are more flexible in the mornings and has an attendance between 60-100.
Like BAH, attendants are encouraged to drop in $1 and a business card to be eligible for door prizes.
Ribbon Cuttings can occur at any time and day of the year! These ribbon cuttings happen frequently, in which the public is typically invited to tour new facilities, sponsor events, learn about new businesses or businesses which are making major changes.
Ribbon cuttings are a great way to get to know Wichita Falls Chamber members and those who are considering joining but haven’t yet, or for Chamber members to begin reaching out to those who are not involved in the Chamber.
Ribbon cuttings are only hosted for organizations who are Chamber members, but anyone is invited, whether they work in government, with the press or with another company that may have something to offer. These events are open to the
Each year the Chamber hosts its Annual Meeting to recognize key volunteers, thank our members, and gives us a great opportunity to recap the year and state our goals for the future. Attendance each year is over 300 members and their families!
Each November, the Chamber invites a speaker from around the country to discuss economic issues, opportunities, and general information.
Past speakers include Mike Randle, from Southern Business & Development magazine.
Find out about sponsorship and attendee information by emailing Rebecca.
COMING IN 2020
Tours designed to showcase Wichita Falls to Military Spouses from Sheppard Air Force Base.
Provides professional development, networking, and community involvement to spouses coming into Wichita Falls. To find out more about this program, please email Director of Business Intelligence Adrene Wike.
ORGANIZATIONS & GROUPS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
BREBusiness Retention & Expansion
- BRE is a core program of any economic development team. It’s designed to retain or keep existing business in a community and provide assistance for businesses to expand.
- Business retention is applicable to all businesses in a community, from small mom-and-pop shops to large employers like manufacturers or headquarters.
- Look to our BRE department to assist in the following areas:
- Assistance with issues that could force a company to fail and subsequently close
- Prevention of moving out of the community
- Business expansion to a larger property or to accommodate future operations
- Help with securing financing to purchase new equipment
- Locate and help with the training of new workers
- Contact Travis Haggard today to answer any questions you may have.
INTELLIGENCEInformation for Success
- Our Director of Business Intelligence is available to help you find the research you need to help grow your business, open a new business or move an existing business to Wichita Falls.
- Some of the things you might ask for are:
- Wage Information
- Education Trends
- Age Breakdowns
- Specific Area Demographics
- much more!
- Our research department is responsible for keeping our Community Profile information up-to-date for site-selectors that are looking to expand or relocate to Wichita Falls. See it here.
- Schedule a consultation today!
MARKETINGDigital & Traditional
- Our Marketing Director will consult with your business on specific marketing technologies, digital advertising, and more!
- We will facilitate meetings with the right people to ensure you get the most out of your advertising dollars with quality services or do-it-yourself marketing.
- Facebook Advertising with Business Manager
- Google My Business
- Other Social Media advertising
- Marketing analysis
- Website evaluations
- Direct Mail & other print
- Email Marketing
- Give us a call or email us and let us know about your marketing needs.